The purpose of this Training is to give the essential notions to start a qualified working activity and learning the Neapolitan technique.
The Training lasts 60 hours and is organized as follows:
- a) Theory (13 hours)
- Historical background and introduction of Neapolitan pizza;
- Different methods of leavening, maturation, and fermentation of pizza dough;
- A study about main ingredients of Neapolitan pizza: water, flour, yeast, salt, tomato, mozzarella and extra virgin olive oil.;
- Baking and building techniques of wood and gas oven.
- b) Laboratory-School (42 hours)
All the practical lessons will be held by an expert AVPN's pizza maker, in the new laboratory of Capodimonte equipped with 3 wood ovens, 2 gas ovens and other modern equipment. Training program is organized as follows:
- Preparation of pizza dough with hands and kneader;
- Mold preparation;
- Pizza dough's handling and its condiment;
- Baking's difference with various temperature and result's analysis;
- Oven functions: ignition, use of baker's shoved and baking techniques;
- Learning how to bake according to preferable temperature;
- Cleaning tools.